Thursday, October 16, 2014

Speaking The Unspeakable:

HYPERLINKS:


After reading this piece I had multiple different thoughts. I always thought that a child wouldn't start to ask questions about being gay or lesbian at such a young age. I thought maybe you should just avoid the subject until they are older to understand what is going on. However, children are not as innocent as they may seem. They are hearing the terms gay, lesbian, homosexual in so many different places it would only be so long until they start to wonder what it means. They also hear hurtful terms like "fag". As future teachers we are going to experience this, and after reading this piece I thought how would we as teachers approach this. I think teaching a student at a much younger age about homosexuality is much better because they are so much more open minded than a child in middle school who already knows what the term means. All in all, I think there are so many different ways you can teach a child about this topic and make them fully understand what the terms mean whether they accept it or not. 









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJxnYgP6D8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG0yqhzVuYA


1 comment:

  1. I really like the picture you chose. I think it shows that it doesn't matter who your family is, all that matters is the love they provide you with.

    ReplyDelete